Five steps to assessing excellence in translation services
The ATC – Association of Translation Companies has recently renewed Letrário Translation Services’ membership. This prestigious and demanding association is, in turn, a member of the European Union of Associations of Translation Companies. Only companies that provide excellent translation services are accepted as members of this association.
For a translation agency to be a member of this Association, it must be able to comply with a stringent series of criteria. One of these is to have implemented a system of regular feedback from customers using the agency’s services. This means that an agency will not be accepted as a member of the Association if it does not regularly ask its customers for feedback on the quality of the translation services provided.
At Letrário, this system consists of sending out a customer satisfaction questionnaire comprising seven questions and a space for customers to write their own comments. The questionnaire is sent out at the end of each month to a selection of customers to whom we have delivered projects during the previous month. With the exception of the space for their own comments, customers reply by giving a rating that ranges from one to five stars. Two of the seven questions are the classic ones that ask whether the customer would use our services again and recommend us to others. The remaining five questions focus on the set of aspects that define the quality of a translation service, and which we explain below.
Discover the five steps to assessing excellence in translation services:
1. Customer support – Being able to ask pertinent questions is important, as is being able to provide customers with the answers to their own questions. This ensures customers feel their issues are being addressed and that we are seeking the best solutions for their projects.
2. Communication – An excellent service is one that is sufficiently experienced to anticipate queries and avoid any issues that could prevent customers from receiving the translation they need within the desired time frame.
3. Specific instructions – Translation processes are not all the same and the actual translation is often only a small part of the assistance required by a customer. A customer’s specific instructions must not be allowed to go astray in the midst of all the information exchanged between the various team members.
4. Documents delivered in accordance with expectations – The satisfaction of receiving what you ordered, with the desired quality. We have discussed the signs of a good translation on several occasions in this blog. It stands to reason that for a translation service to be excellent, the translations delivered must be of excellent quality.
5. Deadline – There is no point in receiving an excellent translation if it arrives after the deadline and, as a result, is no longer of any use. It is important that project planning allows enough wiggle room to ensure that customers always receive their translations by the agreed deadline.
We are very proud to say that since we first implemented our system of sending out customer satisfaction questionnaires, we have received very close to 100% five-star ratings. We closely monitor all of the results of the questionnaire to ensure we keep abreast of every opportunity to provide our customers with a better service.
If you should ever need an excellent translation service, we are here to help you in the best possible way. To ask us for a quote, just click here.